Loyal North Lancashire Regiment Collar Badge

 Loyal North Lancashire Regiment Collar Badge
£7.99
F2A/205 : £7.99
In Stock

Description

Guaranteed original. Complete & intact. F2A/205 This is an original Loyal North Lancashire Regiment collar badge for sale. In good condition. Please see our other items for more original WW1, WW2 & post war British military badges for sale including other Loyal North Lancashire Regiment collar badges.
For more original collar badges for sale, click here. The Loyal Regiment (North Lancashire) (until 1921 known as The Loyal North Lancashire Regiment) was an infantry regiment of the line in the British Army from 1881 to 1970. Today, the regiment's lineage is continued by The Duke of Lancaster's Regiment. The Regiment raised a number of extra war service battalions during The Great War. In all the Loyal North Lancs raised 21 battalions of infantry for service at home and abroad.[6] Of these, there were the two regular battalions (the 1st and 2nd Battalions), the initial reserve battalion (3rd Battalion), ten Territorial Force battalions (1/4th, 1/5th, 2/4th, 2/5th, 3/4th, 3/5th, 4/5th, 1/12th(Pioneers), 2/12th, and 14th Battalions), and seven service battalions for the Kitchener's Army (6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th (Reserve), and 15th Battalions), as well as a home service battalion (13th (Home Service) Battalion). During the First World War, the 6th Battalion of the Loyal Regiment was raised in August 1914, as part of the "Kitchener Army"'s first wave (sometimes referred to as K1). It was moved to Tildworth and then to Blackdown in February 1915. Eventually it sailed as part of the 38th Brigade of the 13th (Western) Division to join the Mediterranean Expeditionary Force. As part of the 13th (Western) Division, the battalion served in the Gallipoli Campaign. The division landed at Anzac Cove on 4 August 1915. After participating in the battles at Anzac Cove and Suvla Bay, the 6th Battalion along with the rest of the division were withdrawn from Suvla and moved to the Helles landing beaches. The division was finally withdrawn from Gallipoli and sent to Egypt to refit in January 1916. In February 1916, the division was ordered to move to join the Tigris Corps in its operations to relieve the Anglo-Indian garrison besieged at Kut. As part of the Tigris Corps, the battalion attempted to lift the siege of Kut. Initially deployed along the left bank of the Tigris River, the North Lancs participated in the Battles of Fallahiya, on 6 April 1916, and Sanniyat, on 9 April 1916. The 6th North Lancs managed to break into the Turkish positions at the Sanniyat, but because follow-on forces were unable to link up with them, they along with the rest of the 38th Brigade were eventually driven back. Following the fall of Baghdad, the 6th North Lancs, participated in the drive north to Kirkuk. At the conclusion of the war, the 6th North Lancs was selected as one of the battalions which would make up the initial occupation force of region (eventually renamed Iraq). They were transferred to the 34th Indian Infantry Brigade for occupation duties in 1918 after the armistice with Turkey on 31 October 1918. The 6th North Lancs were eventually demobilized in 1919. At the outbreak of the Second World War, the 1st Loyals were part of the 2nd Infantry Brigade, attached to the 1st Infantry Division. The 1st Loyals would remain with the 2nd Brigade throughout the war, participating in the fighting in France in 1940, including acting as part of the rearguard for the Dunkirk evacuation. Eventually, the 1st Loyals would see action in Tunisia in 1943, and Italy. Upon the commencement of hostilities in 1939, the 2nd Loyals found themselves stationed in the Far East as part of Singapore Fortress's Malaya Brigade. After the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, the 2nd Loyals fought in Malaya as part of the delaying action during the Battle of Malaya. Eventually, the 2nd Loyals surrendered along with the rest of the Singapore garrison on 15 February 1942. The survivors spent the rest of the war as POWs Japan. Following the destruction of the 2nd Loyals with its surrender at Singapore, the battalion was reformed in Britain. The 10th Loyals were re-designated as 2nd Loyals on 28 May 1942. Eventually the battalion was deployed as part of 20th Indian Infantry Brigade of the 10th Indian Infantry Division in Italy during the closing phases of the Italian campaign. In addition to the two regular battalions, the Loyal Regiment also had three Territorial Army battalions (4th, 5th, and 6th Battalions) at the start of the war. The 5th Battalion was converted at in 1941 into a Reconnaissance Corps unit for the 18th (East Anglian) Infantry Division and re-designated as the 18th Battalion Reconnaissance Corps. The 18th Recce (5th Loyals) was transferred with the rest of the 18th (East Anglian) Division as reinforcements for Singapore. They arrived at Singapore late in the campaign without much of their equipment and were used as regular infantry until the surrender on 15 February 1942. Like the men of the 2nd Loyals captured in Singapore, the men spent the rest of the war as prisoners of the Japanese. The 6th Loyals were also converted in 1941 from their infantry role. Like the 5th Loyals, they were converted and re-designated as 2nd Reconnaissance Regiment, joining the 2nd Infantry Division on 30 April 1941. With the rest of the division, it was transferred to Indian where it would be engaged against the Japanese Army, notably in India at Kohima and then as part of Slim's offensive to re-capture Burma. The 7th Battalion of The Loyal Regiment (North Lancashire) was a wartime infantry unit raised at the regimental headquarters, Fulwood Barracks, Preston, on 4 July 1940. The 9th Battalion was converted to armour in 1941, becoming 148th Regiment Royal Armoured Corps. They continued to wear their Loyals cap badge on the black beret of the RAC. Please see our other items for more original WW1, WW2 & post war British military badges for sale including other Loyal North Lancashire Regiment collar badges.